Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is a man?


I want to write about a little something quite dear to my heart, manliness.

Firstly, a disclaimer: I am not going to cover this in its entirety, firstly because generally i let my pictures do the talking, secondly, because i've got a massive cheap steak to cook for myself (which i need to eat as i'm a man).

Where was i... Anyway, so i like to keep myself busy with stuff, and by stuff i mean great loads of it, usually to the point of my confusion. On Sunday night, Kurt and myself drove out to some prime locations to photograph his car. I'm not really the kind of guy to get all excited about cars, but it's good to organise them around places that makes them look better, or suits their appeal.

Generally, that's one of the challenges i like about photography. You get your thing, car, jewelry, tree, car wearing jewelry in tree, and you try and make it look as good as it can.

This shot was taken on the Beat at the Domain in Hobart, "but the Beat is a hangout for gay men looking for relations with other gay men!" i hear you scream. Actually no, not tonight, not since Kurt and i crossed eyes with some mean looking Commodore enthusiasts on the drive back down. Those of rougher status amongst society are transforming our favorite homosexual hangout to a classy patch where discussions of welfare cheating, car thieving and school burning take place. There's an observation for you, the world is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment