Monday, December 28, 2009

Breaking

I spent most of Sunday at Baskerville racetrack. This place is a little out in the suburbs, but holds some nice hilly ground, and who better to be there with than motoring enthusiast family, the Crocombes. My earliest experiences of doing anything mechanical are with these guys. Riding a 20 year old motorbike through forests, trail routes in front yards and of course plenty of dismantling and drinking. It was heaven for a guy growing up in a small town.

I was only expecting a small turnout at the track, but was surprised to find an avid collection of various cars set for some circuitry. So, after hooking myself up with a couple of laps in an M3, i set out to a rising corner right at the peak of the track. As this was on the very edge of the circuit, there was no where for me to sit apart from a set of retaining tyres, which would stop a car from driving off the outside of the corner. I realised that i myself would become part of the barricade if a car didn't take the corner correctly after a 1992 commodore driven by a madman who had "no respect for his car" almost took me out, very exciting.

This photograph is of Pete, a crazy little guy who's bloody good at being a monster on the bike.
He's got a calm and cool little manner, and is seen here is waving at his collection of lady followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment