Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter for the non-religious



I've spent at least two days strategising over the most exciting way to commence a post that has something to do with Easter, but i think I've realised through the process that Easter isn't something i really care about, so it probably ain't going to happen. Truthfully, i'm not in need of another holiday. Of the 6 week period of being back at Uni my brain probably shifted 5% in the direction of study (i'm not even sure if it was 6 weeks, i'm only seeing time in hazy horizontal blurs) and now all that's gone to waste.

Time travels fast when you distract yourself, and as my life is currently a series of distractions, where i seem to be placing most my life's emphasis on the wrong things, e.g girls and saving money for shit that i don't need, i'm not really being very fair on myself and my most important year of my study life definitely. Damn, I'm so confused i dressed up on Easter Sunday as if i was going to church, and instead roamed the streets of Salamanca lapping up compliments and generally being a Dandy. With hindsight overdressing on Easter wasn't my coolest of moves...

Other occurrences in the world of Trent? A grand total of four New Zealand nationals are currently roaming around my house, but instead of acting like exciting predatory animals, picking off visitors in vicious kiwi-style feeding frenzies, they're nagging for tea and aggressively questioning the way i talk to my mother.

Life just ain't what it should be.

Looks like i'll just have to go out myself and make the excitement happen.

1 comment: