Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Team


I'm feeling it, feeling the pressure.
At the start of next week i'll have four weeks left of my university education. There's a good deal to look back on, but that ain't the pressing issue of tonight's blog. You see, i could be doing my German assignment, or i could be writing in my journal, both wise things to do with the short amount of time i have left, but i feel like i need this, need some proof that stuff's been happening, important, non uni stuff.

It's been a rough winter at the restaurant at which i work. Customer levels have decreased and as a result the amount of snaky double standards in co-workers has increased, maybe it's the weather, but there remains a certain level of tension at work that frustrates me to no avail.

But there are plenty of good things. As we know i'm not a hero when it comes to building a too-solid crew of friends, i just don't know how to collect people with similar interests and keep them together for a good while. But there are two people who i'm really appreciating at the moment, one is a walking-talking movie reference joke a second, who never fails to convince me that 'covert special ops' is his normal state of being, and the other is a bio-chemistry, japanese/ mathematical genius who over the past 4 months has given me an unconditional kindness, with added cheesecake, vacations, and ears for listening.


Agent AA and Ash, two excellent associates of team Trent.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your last 4 weeks. I'm interviewing for a girl doing a combined journalism/digital media degree (I could be wrong there though) on thursday and I'm terrified I'm going to muck it up on her.

    And you've got a blog! With pretty photos and everything. Maybe I'll lurk a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to worry about getting anything wrong veronica, you'll be real fine with it, I'm sure you've got fine interviewing skills.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I did okay. I think. You know her anyway, Anneke? I'm looking forward to seeing the final results.

    ReplyDelete