Friday, May 13, 2011

6 months onwards


Man oh man, have I lost the blogger's touch. Seems like years since i last scribbled down some text and threw up a photo, it's probably now time to unleash some more photographs upon cyberspace, and do a little writing about what's been happening in the life lately.

2011 was going to be all about relocation and taking another swing at financial independence, but it didn't really turn out that way. I've just about reached the end of semester for my absolutely final university study of German, as a bachelor of fine arts wasn't quite enough for me, and i'm preparing for some form of great escape to a warmer climate.

A couple of months ago I embarked upon one of my most exciting photography assignments, and learned plenty about picking out interesting people and attempting to get decent shots of them. It was relaxing. Strolling around Bridgewater and Gagebrook and waiting for a kid on a quirky scrap-assembled bike to ride my way. And these bikes were incredibly interesting. Some were amalgamations of red-taped racing handles facing upwards like bull-horns, or the faring of a motorbike fixed to the frame with cable ties, really quirky.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to put some more up, but there're so many appearing in this issue of Tagatus, the uni mag. i fear i'd be suffocating myself with this series, it's gonna be everywhere.
    You've got to get a copy veronica, any chance you can get someone to drop in at art school or sandybay campus to secure one?

    ReplyDelete