Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rationalisation


I've been thinking lately, why is that my mood jumps so rapidly around between anxiety and excitement, to the point that i'm often left feeling deeply confused about the state of my mind?
I think i'm normal, mostly, but then there's this little stream of doubt that springs up when things aren't working in my favour, like when i'm involved in a conversation with a collection of other people and i somehow find myself in the back seat of the discussion. To be disengaging in conversation is something that i've only recently grown to accept. I used to think that it was all about being the central talker, the question poser and the avid responder, but then Bam! some form of depression hit me in february, coinciding conveniently with the start of Uni and suddenly i've got a complex.

Turns out though, life is rather complex, so why not emerse yourself in thoughts and worries and doubts and...damn, it's not looking good.
How did i rationalise this minor/major issue? I listened to Peter, Bjorn and John who told me i had 'nothing to worry about', and Seth Sentry, who stated 'life is simple i developed a complex'.

I like taking photos- simple statement.

This is a photograph of the lovely Rose, i've been working on a series of photographs that explore irrational anxiety within people, hopefully with some research i'll be able to uncover some solid findings, but for now i'm dipping into my past for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. i like your statement trent! your work here reminds me of sally mann's work except that hers is a collection of nudes.

    ReplyDelete